Bob wrote the scripting column at MCP Magazine for a while, but had to stop when other work became demanding of too much time. It was a fun project because they let me write on pretty much any scripting topic I chose and had a large readership.
While they are no longer online, I was able to find several documents that represent what I sent to MCP Magazine for publishing. Articles/topics included…
- Leaving Footprints – 10/23/2006. Use handy markers to tell you if a script has run and to limit how often code is to be executed.
- Scripting Windows Installer Packages – 11/06/2006. Use scripts to determine the content of an MSI setup file.
- GUI Script with KiXforms (KiXforms Part 1) – 11/20/2006. Spice up your scripts with a graphical user interface.
- Step up to Scripting with KiXforms (KiXforms Part 2f) – 01/29/2007. Adding a GYI to your Scripting work with KiXforms, Part 2
- You’re in Full Control – 02/19/2007. KiXforms Part 3: Exposing some unique controls not normally available via scripting
- Hello IE, Goodbye HTA – 03/19/2007. Here’s a simple way to display information in a window where HTA scripts might seem like overkill
- Software Inventory Script – 04/09/2007. Use a script to find out how’s installed what software.
- Valid Case for Arguments – 05/21/2007. Use arguments to dictate variables when calling a script.
- Computer_Name_Targeting – 06/18/2007. Obtain a dynamic list of computers for remote action targeting.
- Getting_ to_Know_AutoIt – 07/09/2007. Check out this alternative scripting language with a lot to offer.
- Talking Scripts – 09/04/2007. Give your script the power of speech.
- Some others I discovered which may not have ever made it to publishing…